SmokingSweeties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are the videos Full-HD or only HD?

3 posters

Go down

Witch format do you prefeer for HD video

are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap23%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 8 ]
are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap20%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap23%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 8 ]
are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap26%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]
are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap0%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_lcap8%are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 35

are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Empty are the videos Full-HD or only HD?

Post by Admin1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Here is a pool where you can vote for your favourite format for future videos. I'll love to have some feedback.

Since today I've been releasing all videos in HD 720p. Actual videos are HD but not full-HD, and many details get loosed when converting from the original raw footage in full-HD. One year ago I did a try to release my videos in 1080 (maybe you remember, it was a chaos and I got many complains) most of the customers reported me issues when playing the video, so I had to go back to 720p to solve the issues. This was one year ago, and CPUs were slower than now. Maybe today is still not the moment to jump to 1080, maybe yes.

However if I release the videos in true 1080p you need a 1080 screen (1920x1080 pixels) to make it worth, and the file size may increase a lot if I use WMV instead H264 (mp4). It's also useless to offer the videos at 1080 if you play the footage in a normal 15" laptop with 1440x900px screen (like nearly all the 15" laptops use this resolution)

My question is... Do you prefeer videos to be released in 720p or 1080i? mp4 or wmv?

At last, mp4 format features a higher quality and lighter decoding than WMV, but I'm aware that many customers will have problems when they use Windows Media Player in Windows Vista or XP, and they will need to download special codecs or use another media player.
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

are the videos Full-HD or only HD? Empty Re: are the videos Full-HD or only HD?

Post by max Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm

What about .Avi format?

max

Back to top Go down

Post by master Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 am

I do prefer videos to be released in 720pi and wmv.
In my opinion you don't need to change smthg. Your last videos were genious... Shocked

master

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I prefer that you change nothing because if you increase the file size, I should spend a fortune on DVDs. Moreover my internet connection tends to disconnect frequently and it would be difficult for me to complete successfully a download.

smurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down