SmokingSweeties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED)

2 posters

Go down

Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED) Empty Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED)

Post by Admin1 Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:26 pm

There is problem with the server outgoing connections that truncates the files when downloading a video, causing broken (incomplete) files.

This issue only affects to some customers, despite the browser they are using.

The server technicians are working to solve this issue, but at the moment it keeps failing. I'm unable to reproduce this error on my computer, and downloads are OK for me, but more than 20 customers have reported this error.

If you have been afected by this issue and you need additional assistance, or if you need your download links to be reactivated please contact me.
Please also check that the downloaded file size matches with the stated in the video's webpage.

Again, apologies for this issue, we are working to solve it as soon as possible.

Fran

Last edited by Fran on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED) Empty Re: Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED)

Post by Admin1 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 pm

The issue has still not been fixed by the server host tehcnicians.

If you download a video file be sure that the size matches with the file size announced in the site.
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED) Empty Re: Server problem: 10 March 2010 – TRUNCATED DOWNLOADS (SOLVED)

Post by jleon860 Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:26 am

I have downloaded the latest clip of Cristina and I had no problems, everything is working well, HD and regular size, and I have windows 7 and wmp 11, excellent video.

Also I have some friends who have downloaded the latest 4 videos in both formats HD and regular size and they haven't reported any issue with the videos, they have vista and wmp, both formats, HD and regular.

thanks

jleon860

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin1 Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I've hired a secondary server to host clips only. The website has to remain closed until I complete and test the transfer to the new server of the contents.

Apologies again. I hope to restablish the service as soon as possible, and I'll reactivate the download links to those who have been unable to complete their downloads successfully along this week.
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum