SmokingSweeties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8

Go down

Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8 Empty Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8

Post by gregory Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Title says it all really, the main Rolling Eyes nav bar disappears when your site is viewed on IE8 - could be a problem for most Win Vista users - Thought you oughta know

gregory

Back to top Go down

Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8 Empty Re: Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8

Post by Admin1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm

i was not aware of this. Thanks for the advice.

I do everything with Mac, and I also have an old laptop with IE7. So i can only test the site with:
Mac: Opera / Safari / Firefox
PC. Firefox / Opera / IE7

My actual stadistics today is that 26% of users visit the site with IE7, and 22% with IE8, so that's the reason why I still didn't updated to IE8 on my laptop.

I'll check the issue inmediatly. I also see that the NEW suggestive search is not owrking properly in IE.

Thanks, I'll try to fix it today.
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8 Empty Re: Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8

Post by Admin1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm

I tried to fix it, but I see an incompatibility in the z-index command in IE. each version of IE renders the page on a different way. (IE sucks for web designers, really!)

I've given this task to my trusted webmaster and he will have a look during the weekend.

I recommend you to use Chrome/Firefox/Safari or any other serious browser than IE.
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi Fran - your site had a problem with ie8 Empty yep i know

Post by freddo Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:59 am

Im a web designer /developer too. Thats why i mentioned it - btw IE has cornered, 44% of the market is don't ignore it - it maybe crap but its everywhere.

Another tip, stick in position:relative, in your parent divs - that'll probably cure a lot of z-index issues.

freddo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin1 Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Yep, I see, there are a lot of floating elements and positions are absolute...

My webmaster just called me one hour ago and he tells me that the issue has been solved!

BTW send me an email and perhaps we can colaborate in the future when I need to fix such things.[b]
Admin1
Admin1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hungknor Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 am

I like firefox

hungknor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down